Ready to go?
Follow these steps to apply to study abroad.
Step 1: Research
Review the Study Abroad Guide to learn about the nuts and bolts of study abroad at Northwestern as you are researching programs. Also be sure to familiarize yourself with your school's policies and requirements for study abroad.
Select your program(s). To aid in making your selection:
- Review the program pages on this website.
- Get tips on choosing a study abroad program.
- Learn from IPD Program Ambassadors or other past study abroad participants.
- Schedule an appointment with an adviser in the IPD or Study Abroad Office.
- Read program evaluations (linked in the 'Additional Resources' section on each program page).
Step 2: Start your application online
You may apply to two programs per term, using one application form, but you must choose your first and second choice program(s) before submitting the application. Review the Application Checklist so that you are prepared and have all required materials.
Once you have reviewed the checklist, begin your application online at http://www.northwestern.edu/studyabroadapp.
Step 3: Interview with an IPD advisor
An interview with an IPD advisor is a mandatory part of the IPD application process.Check your program's webpage to verify the advisor's contact information or contact the IPD Office.
Step 4: Submit your application
Be sure to complete all steps and review your application before submitting.